In his book Wishes Fulfilled, Dr. Wayne Dyer quotes philosopher Neville Goddard “To be transformed, the whole basis of your thoughts must change. But your thoughts cannot change unless you have new ideas, for you think from your ideas”.
Affirmations are small ways to make big changes to your thinking. When you choose an affirmation that feels right for you, write it on your bathroom mirror or a post it note beside your bed or have it available in your phone for easy and frequent access. Repeat the affirmation with purpose and out loud for a minute or two, really feeling into it. You’ll gain most benefit first thing in the morning before too many other thoughts take their seat. Then use them throughout the day and before going to bed at night as your last thought of the day.
Louise Hay continues to heal millions of people’s lives through affirmations. Some of these are taken from her many books. Read over them, and choose a few that feel right for you.
- I am safe at all times
- I am healthy, whole and complete
- I digest and assimilate all new experiences peacefully
- I breathe deeply and fully. I am safe. I trust in the process of life.
- I deserve the best, and I accept the best now
- I relax and allow my mind to be peaceful
- I calm my thoughts and I am serene
- I see my patterns and I choose to make changes
- The past has no power over me
- I allow my thoughts to be free
- I hear with love
- I am deeply centered and peaceful
- I love and approve of myself. Life supports and loves me
- I lovingly release the past